Become A Docent
BECOME A DOCENT
Would you like to help people connect to nature through the living art of bonsai with tens of thousands of visitors from around the world? Become a docent! We are looking for docents who love working with the public and enjoy learning about the art of bonsai for the 2023 season. Both virtual and in-person docent training and shifts will be available in 2023. No bonsai experience is necessary to become a docent.
A docent is a trained volunteer museum guide and an essential link between the public and the Museum. The word docent comes from the Latin word docere, to teach. Docents give tours (in-person and/or virtual), perform gallery duty, and assist in educational programs.
The application period for the 2023 season has closed.
Please check back for future opportunities.
Thank you for your interest!
- Be part of a team of skilled educators who love to connect people with the living art of bonsai
- Personal and intellectual growth. Docents have continuing opportunities to learn about art, bonsai, the Museum’s collection, teaching and learning
- An opportunity to meet and interact with visitors from around the world
- A love of art, bonsai, nature and/or teaching
- Ability to meaningfully engage with members of our diverse community
- Excellent communication
- Reliability and commitment
- Commitment to anti-racism and inclusivity
- Ability to volunteer approximately four to eight hours a month