Branch Out 2020
An inspiring program featuring:
- A special look into our groundbreaking exhibition “World War Bonsai: Remembrance & Resilience”
- Stories of strength, resilience, and longevity told through bonsai
- Behind-the-scenes Museum insights
- A performance by CHIKIRI Taiko Drummers
- A short appeal in support of Pacific Bonsai Museum
SLOW TV – A Walk in Pacific Bonsai Museum
A series of videos to provide a calming break for anyone in need of a walk through the bonsai collection.
Fly Over Pacific Bonsai Museum
See what makes our setting so special as the camera takes you from a bird’s eye view of the forest canopy into our exhibit space.
Remembering Harry Hirao
We were lucky to receive one of Harry’s large juniper that his longtime friend Mel Ikeda donated after Harry’s passing. In this video, see what happened to the tree since—and the thoughtful way Ryan Neil (Bonsai Mirai) and Aarin Packard (Pacific Bonsai Museum) approached repotting, styling, and evolving the original concept.
Tree No. 185 // California Juniper (Juniperus californica) // Original artist: Harry Hirao // Donated by: Mel Ikeda.