Note: Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, following mandates from our Governor, we are not currently accepting requests for field trips. We will update this page as soon as we have more information regarding when field trips can resume. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
. . .
Pacific Bonsai Museum offers field trips that provide a beautiful and enriching way for students to connect with nature and learn about the art of bonsai. Field trips can be self-guided, or you can request one of our volunteer education docents to help guide your class. During the field trip, students engage in activities that develop their understanding and experience of art concepts and skills through creating, responding, and connecting to bonsai. We offer an arts-based curriculum, as well as a STEM-focused curriculum for you to choose between.
You will find our program aligns well with the Washington Art standards and Common Core Listening and Speaking standards. We also provide pre- and post-visit lesson plans to enhance your students’ learning and experiences. Please request a field trip using the link below. We cannot accommodate schools who arrive without a reservation.
Field trips may be scheduled Tuesday-Friday, year-round, between 10am and 2pm. The Museum can accommodate groups of up to 60 and lunch space is available. Field trips must be booked 4 weeks in advance. The bonsai are beautiful in all seasons; you will have a great visit no matter when you come. We have many evergreen trees and when the deciduous trees lose their leaves we appreciate the stunning sculptures of their branches. Request a Field Trip.
- Grades 3-5: One chaperone for every 5 students
- Grades 6-12: One chaperone for every 10 students
Students in grades 6-12 may walk the grounds freely as long as their chaperones are present. Students in grades 3-5 must stay with their chaperone at all times. We ask that you self-divide into groups of 10 as you tour the Museum.
Fees & Payments
Confirmation & Cancellations
- Please bring copies of the activity sheet for all of your students. We also recommend colored pencils for all of the students.
- Guided tours are available for non-school groups of ten or more. For more info and to request a tour, please visit the Tours page.
- Please note that the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden is a separate institution and require a separate booking and fee.