Become A Docent
Give the Gift of Time
A docent is a trained, volunteer museum guide and an essential link between the public and the Museum. The word docent comes from the Latin word docere, to teach. Docents give tours, perform gallery duty, and assist in educational programs, including our self-guided field trips. Apply to be a docent here. Applications close 2/23/2018.
Docents are required to attend three
- Being part of a team of skilled educators who love to connect people with the living art of bonsai
- Personal and intellectual growth. Docents have continuing opportunities to learn about art, bonsai, the collection, teaching, and learning.
- An opportunity to meet and interact with visitors from around the world
- A love of art, bonsai, nature and/or teaching
- Ability to engage meaningfully with members of our diverse community
- Excellent communicator
- Reliability and commitment