Want to lend a hand? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
There are no internship opportunities at this time.
Pacific Bonsai Museum (PBM) located in Federal Way, WA offers its team members the opportunity to:
- Work with and among one of the finest bonsai museums in North America.
- Join a supportive, focused and fun PBM team whose sole passion is bonsai.
- Be a trend setter as PBM establishes new standards for public bonsai collections to follow.
Nestled amidst towering conifers, Pacific Bonsai Museum connects people to nature through the living art of bonsai. A grand outdoor setting with the elegance of a fine art museum, the Museum boasts over 150 bonsai and the most diverse public collection in North America
- Routine care of bonsai, including watering, fertilizing, pest control, light pruning and general cleaning
- Routine maintenance of bonsai display and work areas, including maintenance of traffic areas (raking and sweeping), exhibit and greenhouse cleaning, pruning and weeding in landscaped areas, including taking out trash and light general maintenance
- Open and close facility, be responsible for safety and security of bonsai collection, facility and visitors when on duty
- Operation of power equipment, gas powered utility carts, gas blowers, and power hand tools
- Conduct tours of the bonsai. Respond to inquiries and requests from visitors
- Sift and mix planting media, clean and maintain bonsai tools, run errands and other duties as assigned
- Seasonal facility maintenance, painting, pressure washing, cleaning gutters.
- 16 hours per week, Friday and Saturday. Hourly rate based on experience
- Associate (2 year) degree or trade school certificate in horticulture or related field or equivalent paid work experience
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, 3-4 annual all-staff days, with flexibility to cover some staff vacation dates.
- Knowledge of the basic aspects of bonsai design and cultivation
- Ability to follow instructions, take initiative, work alone, and unsupervised.
- Ability to assume responsibility and respond effectively in emergencies
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop and climb
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods, year-round
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to use power equipment, leaf blower, etc.
- Valid WSDL
- Excellent communication skills, public speaking skills desired
Start date is June 30th, 2017
Please submit cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com by June 9th 2017.
Applicants will be contacted if determined to meet the qualifications of the position